So last time we talked about the first source of your thoughts—yourself. The intentional self thoughts that we’re constantly referring to. The thoughts that we’re constantly told to change, make more positive, and when we change them we’ll change our life.
But what about the rest of our thoughts? There are three more sources that most don’t even consider. Understanding them is crucial in order to permanently change as many thoughts as we can to support us.
The Second Source Of Your Thoughts
The second source of our thoughts is our inspiration. You may call it your higher self, higher power, God, intuition, subconscious mind. It is a source that is always positive, always serving, and always giving us thoughts for our benefit.
These are where the ideas come from. The unique angles and takes we suddenly have on things. We can’t intentionally think of them because they don’t come from us. If I were to ask you to think of a new idea, you would draw a blank.
Now, if you were pondering on how to solve a problem, or asking what to do next about a particular situation, this is when your inspiration kicks in the idea or solution. It just appears in your mind. You can suddenly see it, feel it, or just know what that thought or idea is.
Related: How To Find And Use Your Intuition
Increasing Your Intuition
This is my very favorite source of thought because it’s always there for our good. This is the 20% of thoughts that are always supportive, no matter how negative you may be the rest of the time.
You may not have noticed this source of thoughts for a long time. You may not have considered your ideas or intuition as a source of thought.
The thing we want to do is fully recognize and be grateful for this source of thought. We want to train ourselves to more easily recognize and receive this source of thoughts. Because just like how you can change your focus and miss seeing certain things that are always there, the same goes for your thoughts.
Just like how you can change your focus and miss seeing certain things that are always there, the same goes for your thoughts.
You are always receiving inspirational thoughts. It’s just up to you to clear the way for them to come in, and pay full attention to them as much as possible. So what can you do today to increase this source of thoughts and help them come in more clearly?
When your being is calm and still, it’s much easier for your intuition to constantly send you what you need or ask for. Of course, this source can send you thoughts and ideas at any time. It’s just much easier when there’s a clear and calm path for its arrival.
Some folks like to put this as the same as listening to your heart. Getting out of your head. You can do this in whatever way comes best for you.
- meditating or having a breathing practice daily
- getting out in nature away from the chaos of life
- connecting to your spiritual source regularly, through prayer or other means
- visualizing the feelings of peace and serenity you’ve experienced
- doing the activities that always provide bliss or stillness for you
- journaling about the goodness in your life
I work on doing almost all of these on a daily basis. You certainly don’t have to have mastered the practice of peace in your life in order to be more aware of the intuition you receive. But having an essential way for your intuition to come to you is crucial.
You certainly don’t have to have mastered the practice of peace in your life in order to be more aware of the intuition you receive.
Try any of the options above, or start maximizing one you’ve tried in the past. Commit to keeping it in your life daily so that your intuitive thoughts will flow more freely.
Related: Finding Your Flow
Acknowledge & Act
When you distinctly recognize a thought or idea that’s come from your intuition, do the following so that this channel of light can grow stronger for you.
- Acknowledge the positive thought and take a moment to recognize it’s benefit for you, even if you don’t understand the exact reasons why just yet.
- Celebrate with pure gratitude that you just received some inspiration that will forever support you.
- Immediate act on the thoughts that came. Maybe you can do the action right then and there, maybe you have to write it down in order to accomplish it later. Either way, follow through with exactness the thought that came. Even share it with a trusted friend!
- Intentionally report back that you acted on that intuitive thought. Maybe that’s journaling, speaking aloud, texting a friend, or sending a prayer heavenward. Show that you completed the circle of receiving that intuition and that you’ll happily do so again.
Why would your higher power keep sending you more when you don’t appreciate or do anything with what has already been sent?
Be sure to fully acknowledge and act on the intuitive thoughts you receive. Why would your higher power keep sending you more when you don’t appreciate or do anything with what has already been sent? It’s a powerful way to strengthen that connection and increase the supportive thoughts from the greatest source.
What was a recent thought you received from intuition? Did you act on it? How have you intentionally created more space for this source of thought?
Before we move onto the third source of your thoughts, take some time to ponder on this second source. It’s arguably your most valuable source of thought. Take care of it.
Stayed tuned for the next post in this series!